Civil Professional Engineer – KY
Opportunities in Bowling Green, KY
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking Civil Professional Engineers to join our team. This is an excellent career opportunity for a multi-talented and creative P.E.
Civil-site projects include the preparation of grading, drainage, flood analysis, site layout, utilities, erosion prevention and sediment control plans, and stormwater quality. Transportation projects for public and private clients include roadway design, storm drainage, ADA, and traffic engineering. Utility projects include water distribution and sewer collection systems.
- Support Project Managers by providing technical input/guidance for client conversations and multi-discipline design meetings
- Work with Designers to produce drawings, exhibits, and reports
- Develop hydrology models, calculate earthwork volumes, and other similar calculations
- Review work of other team members for quality assurance
- Prepare reports, specifications, plans, permits, and designs for projects
- Attend client meetings, inspect construction sites, and other duties as needed
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (Graduate Degree is a plus)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Kentucky (or ability to obtain reciprocity)
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulic software such as SWMM, HEC-RAS; and other related software applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Ability to serve as a mentor to junior team members
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
Salary commensurate with expertise/ability/years with P.E. license, plus annual performance bonus and additional incentive pay for each hour worked excess of the 40-hour schedule.