HR Administrative Assistant
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking a motivated Administrative Assistant who will be assigned to the corporate HR Department in the Indianapolis South Office (headquarters). Candidate must be a self-starter and will handle a variety of personnel-related administrative tasks, and be able to provide support to the HR Manager and employees regarding human resources-related activities, policies, processes, and procedures. Training will be made available for specific duties.
- Office support functions such as preparing memos and correspondence, spreadsheets, documents, and other general clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintain/process employee database records and forms.
- Partake in employee onboarding and orientation.
- Participate in company-sponsored recruiting events including college job fairs, workforce events and related recruiting events.
- Assist with processing insurance, unemployment, disability, and compensation claims.
- Maintain physical and digital documents, benefits, and attendance records.
- Assist with tracking of required staff safety training.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested.
- Coordinate employee recognition and volunteer programs.
- Perform other HR-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree, related training, and/or a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience
- HR or paralegal experience and/or certifications are a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SharePoint is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eager and quick to learn and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail