2017 Improving the Quality of Public Infrastructure Award
Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission is recognized for improving the quality of public infrastructure in Paoli, Indiana.
The Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission (Indiana 15 RPC) was recently awarded the 2017 Improving the Quality of Public Infrastructure Award at the Indiana Association of Regional Council’s Annual Conference. This award recognized their efforts in assisting the Town of Paoli with their infrastructure needs.
The Town of Paoli worked with Indiana 15 RPC and Commonwealth Engineers to identify and prioritize the needed improvements in all three of the town’s utilities (potable water, sanitary, and storm utilities). Since 2009, the Town has undertaken almost $3 million in utility projects and has multiple projects planned through 2019. The Town benefited from working with this planning and engineering team who understands both the technical and financial demands of their community, and worked to secure the funding to pay for all the needed improvements. Representatives from the Town of Paoli and Commonwealth Engineers attended the Awards Luncheon with Indiana 15 RPC.
For more information on this project, contact Eric Parsley, P.E.
Pictured above (left to right):
- Greg Jones, Executive Director of SIDC and IARC Board Chairman
- Nathan Held, Project Administrator, Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission
- Eric Parsley, Commonwealth Engineers
- Michael Harkness, Councilman, Town of Paoli
- Jeanette Tamayo, Chicago Regional Director of US Department of Commerce
- Amy Morris, Clerk Treasurer, Town of Paoli
- Lisa Gehlhausen, , Executive Director, Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission