Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants are large energy users and, with today’s technology, the power provided to a Plant must be reliable and of good quality. Power quality issues can stem from poor power quality provided by the electric utility, or can originate from equipment at the treatment plant.
One of the largest problems we face in the water treatment industry is harmonics. Harmonics are current or voltages with frequencies that are multiples of the fundamental power frequency. To put it simply, harmonics is noise in your electrical system. Harmonics can be caused by variable frequency drives, fluorescent lights, computers switching, soft starters, and other energy savings attempts which can cause equipment failures such as over-heating, inadvertent safety tripping, etc.
The first step in solving power quality issues is to evaluate the problem. Contact Toby Church to find out more.
- Automatic Transfer Switches
- Main Switchgear design and modification
- Entire Electrical System Design on new projects
- Modification and upgrades to electrical service
- Modifications to feeder circuits to accommodate new loads
Energy Savings & Audits:
- Certified for Energy Auditing
- Can Perform Energy Audits and Design
- Can Oversee Implementation of Energy Savings Projects
- Key Issues Highlighting the Importance of These Services:
- Energy issues are here to stay and will only get more serious as there are no quick fixes.
- Energy represents the largest controllable cost of providing water or wastewater services to the public.
- Energy efficiency investments often have outstanding rates of return and can reduce costs at a facility by 5%, 20%, 25% or more.
Instrumentation & Controls:
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems
- Localized Control and Alarming Panels
- Detailed Process and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID’s)
- Level instruments
- Analytic instruments (pH, ORP, DO, etc.)
- Pressure instruments
- Temperature instruments
- Assist customers with utility power issues to avoid premature electronics failures
- Provide power quality analysis
- Can perform power quality surveys with Dranetz equipment
- Best Power Quality Analysis (PQA) equipment in the industry
- Very accurate with a high sampling rate
- Resolution of long-term issues related to power quality