Opportunities in Indianapolis, Crown Point, Evansville, Fort Wayne, and South Bend, IN as well as Bowling Green, KY.
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking multiple experienced Designers/CAD Specialists in various offices.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with a degree in Drafting and Design Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field. Duties include working with civil, environmental, and electrical engineers on design activities, supporting senior CAD specialists with 2D and 3D designs, preparing report figures, and performing project fieldwork and survey activities. We are growing and would like to gain teammates who are excited to enhance their engineering skillset with the assistance of a talented and innovative team.
- Collaborate with project engineers on design activities.
- Support Senior CAD specialists with 2D and 3D designs.
- Prepare engineering drawings for construction.
- Assist with quantity take-offs.
- GIS figure development.
- Perform project fieldwork and survey activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting and Design Technology, Engineering Technology, or related field
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications
- Proficiency with 3D modeling is a plus
- Municipal project experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to apply technical skills to meet project demands and solve problems for our clients
- Positive attitude and an impressive work ethic
- A clear sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Willingness to learn new skills