Electrical Professional Engineer
Opportunities in Indianapolis, IN as well as Bowling Green, KY.
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Professional Electrical Engineer who will assist in delivering electrical engineering services to our clients. You will be involved with all phases of electrical engineering of water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure. This includes power distribution, motor control, grounding and lightning protection, exterior and interior lighting, standby power generation systems, MCC design, specification writing, and construction cost estimating. You will have the opportunity to work on large municipal water/wastewater treatment facilities. You will be assigned to a project team tasked with helping Indiana communities and industries solve their most challenging environmental infrastructure problems.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (graduate degree is a plus)
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Indiana or Kentucky (or ability to obtain reciprocity)
- Sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals with the ability to apply them to real-world applications
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Ability to serve as a mentor to junior team members
- Ability to speak and write professionally
- Control System coursework or experience is a plus
- AutoCAD skills are a plus
Example base salary ranges listed below (commensurate with expertise/ability/years with PE license), plus an annual performance bonus and additional incentive pay for each hour worked in excess of the 40-hour schedule.
- P.E. licensure < 5 years: $90,000 to $100,000
- P.E. licensure 5-10 years: $100,000 to $110,000
- P.E. licensure 10-15 years: $110,000 to $130,000
- P.E. licensure 15-20 years: $130,000 to $150,000
- P.E. licensure 20+ years: $150,000 to $180,000