Entry-Level Civil or Environmental Engineer
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking multiple entry-level civil or environmental engineers. This is an excellent opportunity for a pending or recent graduate who is interested in pursuing a professional engineering career in the areas of potable water, wastewater, stormwater, dams, levees, site civil work, and sustainable infrastructure. Opportunities are available at all office locations.
You will be assigned to a project team tasked with helping communities and industries solve their most challenging environmental infrastructure problems. Our team-based culture effectively fosters learning and growth, especially with entry-level engineers.
- Perform assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
- Work under the supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Perform sub-professional engineering tasks such as field work, inspections, engineering reports, permits, construction engineering, and simple design calculations.
- Coordinate with contractors.
- Review construction drawings and specifications.
- Contact government officials for permits.
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering (a graduate degree is a plus)
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam certification is a plus
- Basic engineering principles & willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to apply technical skills to meet project demands and solve problems for our clients
- Positive attitude and an impressive work ethic
- A clear sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Passion and demonstrated drive to achieve goals