Entry-Level Construction Engineer or Construction Engineering Technician
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking an entry-level construction engineer who will report to the Lead Construction Manager. Daily work activities will include coordination between Inspector Resident Project Representatives (RPRs), Project Engineers, and Project Managers. You will assist in training and overseeing inspection staff to ensure project time, cost management, documentation, communication, risk management, and quality assurance.
- Provide guidance and oversight to construction inspectors and assist with job site inspection as needed.
- Assist with facilitating and conducting regularly scheduled construction meetings.
- Coordinate with contractors to schedule inspection activities and help resolve design and field issues.
- Assist with project management for technical and cost efforts to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Oversee validation of products and materials ordered for projects to verify their conformance to specifications.
- Ensure federal, state, and local regulations for construction procedures and safe working conditions.
- B.S. or Technology Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Understanding of bidding, estimating, and risk assessment
- Ability to read/interpret project drawings and specifications
- Ability to multitask and carry out projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to travel and a valid driver’s license is required
- Familiarity with federally funded infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with Procore is a plus
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills