Environmental Project Manager
Opportunity in the Indianapolis North Office
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking an experienced Environmental Project Manager to join our award-winning engineering design and consulting firm. The candidate must be a self-starter willing to grow with our company. Applicant must be adaptable, and willing to work in a performance and deadline-driven environment and in a team setting. Training will be made available for specific duties.
- Provide oversight and guidance to company-wide permitting and regulatory compliance activities.
- Coordinate and present permitting and regulatory compliance requirements internally among project teams and externally with clients.
- Provide construction and MS4 General Permit compliance oversight and assistance.
- Review permit applications and environmental reports as required by funding agencies.
- Evaluate sites for water resource permitting requirements and coordinate with environmental sub-consultants for regulated waters determinations/delineations.
- Oversee environmental resources planning including historic/architectural resources, wetlands, surface waters, groundwater, floodway and floodplain, plants and animals, soils, and farmland impacts.
- Coordinate/track project progress for the purpose of reporting compliance and enforcement milestones to regulatory agencies.
- Execute/track target marketing and project development activities.
- Prepare technical reports, memorandums, and graphics and present materials both internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Environmental Science and/or Public Policy
- 5-9 Years of work experience in a water resource-related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Assertive interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize
- Previous experience with Local, State, and/or Federal Environmental/Regulatory Agency experience is preferred