Resident Project Representative/Inspector
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. has immediate openings for experienced civil engineering construction inspectors. Duties include conducting on-site observations to monitor the progress and quality of work with the contract documents; serving as the engineer’s liaison with the contractor; maintaining adequate records, including a daily logbook and a set of drawings on which authorized changes are noted; reviewing the contractor’s application for payment; and other duties as assigned.
- Must remain on the job site for the entirety of the project’s construction.
- Maintain detailed reports as required of the progress of the work and the contractor’s compliance with the progress schedule.
- Review progress schedule, shop drawing and sample submittals, schedule of values, and other submittals prepared by the contractor.
- Attend meetings with contractors, such as preconstruction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences, and others.
- Comply with site safety programs.
- Assist engineer in serving as owner’s liaison with contractor and obtaining additional details or information as required.
- Review applications for payment with contractors for compliance with the established procedure for their submission.
- Forward any recommendations to the assigned engineer.
- Other duties as assigned
- A High School diploma is required
- Erosion Control Certifications
- B.S. in Construction Engineering/Management is a plus
- Ability to travel/valid driver’s license is required
- Relevant certifications such as INDOT Inspection or NAASCO are a plus
- Familiarity with federally funded infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with Procore is a plus
- Ability to read construction plans
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills