Transportation Professional Engineer
Opportunity in Crown Point, Indiana.
Commonwealth Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Transportation Professional Engineer for our Crown Point, Indiana office location. This is an excellent career opportunity for a multi-talented and creative Professional Engineer interested in solving complex transportation engineering challenges.
- Oversee and facilitate transportation projects following state and local standards and specifications.
- Conduct various phases of transportation design, including roadway design, preparation of design reports, utilization of traffic software, development of contract documents, bidding assistance, and contract administration.
- Work closely with municipalities to meet project goals and budgets.
- Mentor staff and ensure deadlines are met.
- Support other projects such as drainage and site civil design when needed.
- Offer solutions in complex problem areas.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (graduate degree is a plus)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Indiana (or ability to obtain reciprocity)
- Valid driver’s license
- INDOT & LPA design and permitting experience
- Experience with stormwater and site civil design is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
Example base salary ranges listed below (commensurate with expertise/ability/years with PE license), plus annual performance bonus and additional incentive pay for each hour worked in excess of the 40-hour schedule.
- P.E. licensure < 5 years: $90,000 to $100,000
- P.E. licensure 5-10 years: $100,000 to $110,000
- P.E. licensure 10-15 years: $110,000 to $130,000
- P.E. licensure 15-20 years: $130,000 to $150,000
- P.E. licensure 20+ years: $150,000 to $180,000