Monticello Water Improvements Groundbreaking
- Honorable Mayor Cathy Gross
- Wade Cohagen, Water Superintendent
- Ken Houston, City Council At-Large
- Indiana Representative Kendell Culp, District 16
- Andrew Robarge, PE, Commonwealth Engineers Project Manager
- Indiana Finance Authority State Revolving Loan Fund (IFA SRF)
- Mark Doud and Office of Senator Mike Braun
- LGS Plumbing, Inc.
RCA NEIGHBORHOOD DRINKING WATER IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT (PHASE 2)
This project was funded entirely by the Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) State Revolving Fund (SRF) which provided over $2M in grant funds for drinking water improvements.
The project includes water main replacement within the City of Monticello’s distribution system. The work consists of approximately 2,350 Linear Feet (LF) of a new 6-inch water main on Third Street, 350 LF of a new 6-inch water main on Second Street, 1,400 LF of a new 6-inch water main on First Street, 1,300 LF of a new 6-inch water main on Easy Street, and 2,700 LF of new 6-inch water main on Hanawalt Street. This will include all associated valves, hydrants, and connections to existing mains. The project also provides water service replacements in each of these locations, as well as Ireland Street, including the entire length of the existing water service from the City-Owned water main to premise plumbing within each home or business being serviced.