Chrisney Park/Lake Recreational Trail Project Town of Chrisney

Civil / Portfolio

Town of Chrisney, IN

The town received a $187,500 grant from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Recreational Trail Program for construction of a walking/bicycling trail from the Chrisney Park to the west side of Chrisney Lake.  These funds, which are administered by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR), can be used for funding up to 80% of the total project cost.  The remaining 20% was funded by the Town of Chrisney. Major Project Components Included:

  • Developing a Map of the Preliminary Trail Layout
  • Identifying Technical Project Specific Design Features
  • Identifying Necessary Permits
  • Estimating Total Project Costs
  • Identifying Land Acquisition Issues