Water System Improvements Project Town of West Terre HautePortfolio / Potable Water
West Terre Haute, IN
A Preliminary Engineering Report and Environmental Report were conducted to address West Terre Haute’s water system concerns. Reports were completed in compliance with USDA Rural Development/State Revolving Fund Standards to allow for financing. The Town was able to procure over $470,000 in grant money from USDA Rural Development to aid in project funding.
- New water treatment plant facility to address high levels of iron and manganese.
- 750 GPM Plant – package treatment system with full building, chemical feed, laboratory, and high service pumps.
- Distribution system improvements.
- New booster station to provide adequate pressure to outlying customers at a high elevation.
- Tanks improvements including the recoating of a 75,000 gallon and a 125,000 gallon elevated water storage tank.