A Preliminary Engineering Report and Environmental Report were conducted to address West Terre Haute’s water system concerns. Reports were completed in compliance with USDA Rural Development/State Revolving Fund Standards to allow for financing. The Town was able to procure over $470,000 in grant money from USDA Rural Development to aid in project funding.
- New water treatment plant facility to address high levels of iron and manganese.
- 750 GPM Plant – package treatment system with full building, chemical feed, laboratory, and high-service pumps.
- Distribution system improvements.
- New booster station to provide adequate pressure to outlying customers at a high elevation.
- Tank improvements include the recoating of a 75,000-gallon and a 125,000-gallon elevated water storage tank.